'We all have 8 hours in a day'...

Hello Beautifuls!!

I realize its been a while since I've written, I hope you're keeping well.. and blooming!!


On a run this morning, I got to thinking about the idea of having 8 hours in a day, and if you want to do more, simply wake earlier to fit it in, or the story of  'if theres 24 hours in a day, and you're at work for 8, sleep 8, wheres the other 8 gone', I believed in this a while and went searching for the mysterious last 8.. I realise it is there somewhere and perhaps the question of then getting to the things you want/need to do should not be entertained....hmm..



I have a friend, I'll call her Michelle, Michelle is married with a little one, she wakes at 04h00 to leave for work by 05h15 and be at work by 07h00, she finishes work at 17h00 and gets home at 18h30, her son goes to bed I assume between 19h00 and 20h00.. Michelle loves to workout, but essentially, she can't wake earlier than this, more than the fact of discomfort, no gym is open at that time, and even if she woke at 03h00 to train at home, the story of quality of life comes into play, anyway, after the little person is the husband and the home...


The story of waking earlier is subjective... when you are single vs when you're in a relationship vs when you're married vs when you have kids are all different states, that pile and do not exist in isolation, let me explain...  the single self (Zandi) still exists in a relationship (Zandi + X), often time, in the relationship phase, you don't live together so theres still space for Zandi to exist without X in the space the whole time.. then you marry and live together... the space for Zandi becomes a little less, then a little person and its a whole different story.

I pondered this, I definitely believe that for all the happiness that life brings as it grows and expands it is still so delicate and requires super hero balance as I've seen with Michelle and my sister (super hero's that I personally know :) ).. because you're not just married or just a wife or just a mom or just a friend or just a daughter, there's also you in the space, and I know me... when I don't have room for Zandi, to fix her and love her and build her, I have nothing to give to anyone else either than just being a blob, this could also be a drunk blob.

So what am I getting at?


Take care of yourself, find a way to take care of you, in the same way that you would do for your partner, little person, friends, work etc... this is important.

I've found my peace in nature, at anytime I'm in nature, I'm able to fill up my strength, to fill my cup so Im able to give more.. seeing a tree makes me happy.. climbing and sitting in it makes me even happier.. this is the same as the sea, mountains, an outrun.. I feel most alive here.. and even when I'm stuck in brick city.. I can always find a flower, the reminder of my maker.. and this often makes many things okay.

 I hope you know your 'it' and know how to find it, because then even at the worst of times, your soul will know how to heal you.





Xx
Zan

Comments